Here’s a look at what you should aim to include in healthy lunches for kids.
- Fruit: At least 1 serving of fruit.
- Vegetables: At least 1 serving of veggies.
- Protein: At least 1 serving of protein, whether it’s in the form of meat or poultry, nuts, legumes, or dairy.
- Complex Carbohydrates: Whole grains are essential for long lasting energy and proper toddler brain development.
- Fats: Toddlers need fats to grow properly so choose dairy products with fat and don’t shy away from plant-based fats like avocado.
TIP: I know that reality often looks less balanced, so try not to feel any guilt if you don’t check all these boxes every single lunch!